In the last several years, Diane has been a noteworthy talent in the Nigerian corporate law space. She is currently the Founding Partner of Marcus-Okoko & Co. a corporate law firm in Abuja Nigeria, but she can also be credited with her many contributions to a host of organisations such as the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) Nigeria Branch, the National Prosecutions Coordination Committee (NPCC), the Janada International Centre for Arbitration and Mediation, and many others.
Diane holds several degrees and professional qualifications including a Bachelor of laws (L.L.B Hons) from Ahmadu Bello University, a Masters in International law and Diplomacy (MALD) from the University of Jos, and is an alumnus of Wharton Executive Education Program of University of Pennsylvania, USA. She was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2001.
- She is on the Panel of Neutrals of the Cairo Regional Centre for International Arbitration (CRCICA), the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the Dispute Resolution Centre of the Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI DRC), the Federal High Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre (FHC ADRC) as well as the Abuja Multi-Door Courthouse (AMDC) and the Lagos Court of Arbitration (LCA).
- She is a Fellow and an approved Faculty member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) Nigeria Branch.
- Fellow of the Institute of Construction Industry Arbitrators.
- Member of the Governing Council of Janada International Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (JICAM).
- Member of the National Prosecution Coordination Committee (NPCC).
- Corporate Governance Practitioner and facilitator with vast expertise in Corporate and Company law and practice and managing board performances.
- She is a registered Capital Market Solicitor.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Abuja Chapter of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), Nigeria Branch.
She has significant experience in Mergers and Acquisitions and Managing Board Performance and Expectations. She has worked on several transactions in a number of countries across West and East Africa as well as Europe and America. She consults on corporate governance for a number of Microfinance and multinational Institutions. She serves as Company Secretary/Legal Adviser to several Boards and Governing Councils, Multinational Companies, Government Agencies and State Governments.
She has advised corporations severally and so possesses significant experience in mergers and acquisitions, public offers, private placements and rights issues. She consults on corporate governance, managing board performance and expectations for a number of Microfinance and multinational Institutions across West, South and East Africa as well as Europe and America.
She is severally appointed as arbitrator in ad-hoc arbitrations under the rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
Outside of work, Diane enjoys travelling and is an avid collector of unique fridge magnets from all around the world countries.