About the Marcus-Okoko & Co. (MO)
Associate Development Program
The Marcus-Okoko & Co. Associate Development Program is a premium opportunity for young lawyers recently called to the Nigerian Bar. It is geared towards challenging and molding young lawyers in all aspects of the legal services industry as well as equipping them with the requisite skills for the professional world at large.
It also targets enterprising young lawyers seeking career acceleration opportunities in the corporate legal space.
It provides ambitious early professionals a chance to engage with renowned industry leaders, the opportunity to collaborate with a group of promising peers and the practical experience of working at an internationally recognized corporate law firm.
What the MO Associate Development Program Offers:
Over the course of six months, candidates are impacted through seminars and consultation exercises on topics spanning:
- Emotional intelligence
- Writing & presentation skills
- Ethics and grooming
Upon completion, all candidates are recognized as adept professionals with the highest employability prospects and pending review, stand the chance to be retained with Marcus-Okoko & Co. as a full Associate.
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar by the application close date.
- Must be within the ages of 20-26
- Must submit current resumes
- Must submit a 1000-word statement that summarizes an area of the legal industry in which you would like to make a contribution, and how you would go about initiating, supporting and sustaining changes in this area so as to enhance the legal services industry.
- Must submit a 300-word personal statement in response to the question; “What matters to you and why?”
- Upon review of candidates’ credentials, successful candidates will be contacted by September 28th, 2020 for an interview with the Marcus-Okoko & Co. review panel
- The program duration is 6 months
- Candidates are assigned a mentor for the program duration
- Over the course of the program, candidates will have monthly check-ins to ensure that they are on track with the goals of the program
- The associate program is divided into sections, with each section requiring the completion of section tasks
- Applications open from September 6th and closes on September 20th 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for panel interviews between September 28th – 2nd October, 2020
- Program start date October 12th, 2020
- Program end date March 12th, 2021
How to Apply
To submit an application, click on “Apply” and fill the form.
Note: All asterisked (*) fields must be completed before application can be submitted
APPLICATION CLOSED !!!