About the Marcus-Okoko & Co. (MO)
Associate Development Program
Marcus-Okoko & Co. Associate Development Program is a premium opportunity for young lawyers recently called to the Nigerian Bar. It is aimed at equipping young lawyers with the requisite professional and personal skills which would be needed by them in an ever-changing professional landscape.
It also targets enterprising young lawyers seeking career acceleration opportunities in the corporate legal space.
It provides ambitious early professionals with a chance to engage with renowned industry leaders, the opportunity to collaborate with a group of promising peers and the practical experience of working at an internationally recognized corporate law firm.
What the MO Associate Development Program Offers:
Over the course of six months, candidates are impacted through seminars and consultation exercises on topics spanning:
- Legal Matters
- Business Development
Upon completion, all candidates are recognized as adept professionals with the highest employability prospects and pending review, stand the chance to be retained with Marcus-Okoko & Co. as a full Associate.
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar by the application close date.
- Must be within the ages of 20-26
- Must submit a current resume
- Must submit a 250-word personal statement that narrates an event or experience that inspired your decision to seriously pursue the legal profession.
- Must submit a 250-word personal statement on “What you think are a lawyer’s social responsibilities? How do you plan to personally contribute to society as a lawyer”?
- Must submit a not more than 1000-word insight into a legal memo you have recently written.
- Must submit a not more than 1000-word essay on a recent legislation (related to your field or not) you disagree with and why?
- Upon review of candidates’ credentials, successful candidates will be contacted for an interview with the Marcus-Okoko & Co. review panel.
- The program duration is 6 months.
- Candidates are assigned a mentor for the program duration.
- Over the course of the program, candidates will have monthly check-ins to ensure that they are on track with the goals of the program.
- The associate program is divided into sections, with each section requiring the completion of section tasks.
- Applications open from Monday June 14, 2021 and closes on Friday July 2, 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for panel interviews between July 5th–9th, 2021
- Program start date August 2nd, 2021
- Program end date February 1st, 2021
How to Apply
To submit an application, click on “Apply” and fill the form.
Note: All asterisked (*) fields must be completed before the application can be submitted